Tirus Maina Gikonyo eulogy reads without wife and children

Margaret Kiiru, the widow of a man who died after drowning in the Titanic dam in Juja, Kiambu County, was not acknowledged in the eulogy that was given for her husband.

Fridah Warau Kamuyu's family members recognized her body at the city mortuary on Thursday, January 26, 2023, more than a week after the event took place.

Tirus Maina Gikonyo is believed to have drowned in the Juja dam together with his suspected secret girlfriend, Fridah Warau Kamuyu, who was found in the same location.

Gikonyo's eulogy was composed of three paragraphs that were preserved inside the funeral program, which consisted of four pages and included two photographs of the departed person.


On Friday, January 27, 2023, Gikonyo was laid to rest in his ancestral home in Gumba village, located in the Mukurwe-ini constituency of Nyeri County.

Tirus Maina Gikonyo eulogy reads without wife and children

According to Nation, the funeral was hastily conducted, with no remarks or photographs taken.

A priest from the Anglican Church in Kenya presided over the event and led the burial. The atmosphere during the ceremony was tense since there were rumors going around that the dead had two wives, both of whom were present at the event.

On the other hand, neither the spouses nor the children were mentioned at any point. Margaret Kiiru revealed her identity as Tirus Maina Gikonyo's wife a few days after the traumatic event.

The eulogy read as follows: "Celebrating the man who was loving and caring."

The late Tirus Maina was born in February 1984 at Mukurweini, Nyeri County. He was the third-born son of the late Joseph Gikonyo and Madrin Wangui.

He was a loving brother to Jedidah Wangari, the late Judy Wairimu, Michael Mbore, Joyce Wanjiru, and Isaiah Mwangi. The late student started his schooling at Kariara Primary and moved to Rutune Primary and then Dedan Kimathi University.

Tirus moved to Thika in 2006 and began working as an engineer for various companies in and out of the country until his death. 

Kiiru said in her interview with Citizen Digital that just before the occurrence, her husband had given her a call to let her know about a business meeting that he would be attending at 7:00 p.m.

Tirus Maina Gikonyo eulogy reads without wife and children

That, according to her, was the last time she had contact with him. After then, no response was given to any subsequent messages or calls that were left.

"On Monday morning, my husband drove himself to work, and the next time we talked was in the evening, at 7 o'clock."

"I asked him what he would like for dinner, and that was the last time we talked," Kiiru said.

"He said he was in Juja for a business meeting, and that was the last time we spoke."


"I called and sent him messages, but he was unavailable, which is quite rare for him since he has always been available," she said.

"I found that very strange because he has always been available."

Post a Comment

What is your say on this

Previous Post Next Post

Adblocker detected! Please consider reading this notice.

We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading.

We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads!

We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising.

Please add bana.co.ke to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.