Keroche boss Tabitha Karanja  daughter tecra with Omar Lali photo


 Keroche boss Tabitha Karanja on Tuesday, March 9, testified in the trial of her controversial daughter’s death at Milimani Law Courts in Nairobi.

Tabitha, who is the founder of Keroche Breweries, challenged Omar Lali of financially gains on her late daughter, Tecra Muigai.

Attesting in court, Tabitha asked God to retaliate her daughter’s death, saying that Tecra fought hard only to share her money with an undeserved old man.

Tabitha read her late daughter’s bank statement in court where her daughter transferred over Ksh1 million to Omar Lali within five months.

“He was after my daughter’s hard-earned income and when she realized that she could not give him money anymore, he killed her,” Tabitha told the court.

She read to the court circumstances of the bank transfers including the date and amount when her daughter assigned the huge sums of money to Lali.

On August 19 and 20, 28 2019, Tecra transferred Ksh150,000 to Lali each day respectively.

Tecra transacted Ksh100,000 on October 18, then another Ksh100,000 on November 1, 2019.

Two weeks later, Tecra doubled the amount to Ksh200,000 on November 13, 2019.

In December, Tabitha told the court that her daughter moved another Ksh100,000 to Lali.

In 2020, however, the amounts that Tecra moved to Lali decreased. In March 2020, Tecra sent Lali Ksh60,000 on the 3rd and Ksh80,000 on the 13th day of the month.

Tabitha added that police found unsigned bank slips in the Lamu house Tecra shared with Lali.

Tabitha revealed to Magistrate Zainabu Abdul that when her daughter shared with her a photograph of her boyfriend on WhatsApp, she was shell-shocked.

“I told her that she had sent the wrong photo because the guy was too old for her,” Tabitha admitted.

“She informed me, No mum, he is the one,” said Tabitha.

“At some point, she told us to stop chatting on that topic. I told her to use unrestricted means but due to the scare, we waited after one lockdown after another. She was afraid of travelling by public means,” Tabitha said.

“When your child is over 30, there is very little you can do,” she said.

She said the day Tecra died, she found Karanja, her husband, talking to someone on the phone.

“I heard him say, ‘she is in hospital’, so I asked him, ‘who is in the hospital?'” she said.

“It was not true what Omar was alleging. The injuries were severe so we reported to the police. The doctor told us that if it was a fall, there would have been scars in other parts of the body. She had two cracks on the head,” explained Tabitha.

Post a Comment

What is your say on this

Previous Post Next Post