Meru Teaching and Referral Hospital
Meru Teaching and Referral Hospital 


What started as a simple "Hello" Facebook message and graduated to a passionate exchange of flattery, love memes, and sweet nothings ended in premium tears for two city babes after the man on Messenger turned out to be a dangerous village casanova as DCI explains.

The relationship between a man named Patoo from Meru and a girl from the city named Sylvia was built on quicksand.

It fell apart like a house of cards when Patoo's promise of a house party with a happy ending left Sylvia in the hospital with a life-threatening injury and a broken heart.

Sylvia had travelled to Meru from Nairobi on Tuesday evening to meet a man she had met on Facebook for a party. The man had asked her to bring a friend "for his friend," as is typical of young men on a hunting trip.

Sylvia and her bestie Jackie boarded a Meru-bound shuttle along the Accra road at 6 p.m. Tuesday, giggling and teeming with excitement for the 4-hour journey. Along the way, they chatted animatedly and laughed their hearts out as they anticipated a night of pure bliss and niceness in Meru Town.

On arrival in Meru, Patoo asked them to board another matatu headed to Maua, a further 58 kilometres away, and alight at a none descript bus stop known as kwa Amos. None of them had ever been there. They had only heard of Maua in Jaba stories.

The girls, who were all dressed up for a party, became sceptical as it grew darker and scarier, but love won, and they continued with their journey.

The matatu made a lot of noise as it went around turns and ate hills like yams on its way to Maua, which is the centre of Miraa trade and has a great view of the Nyambene hills.

It was way past midnight when the matatu conductor suddenly banged the roof of the beast and announced, "Aari kwa Amos tugukinya!"

The two girls got off the bus at Kwa Amos. They were tired, hungry, and sad, and a Patoo was waiting for them with great excitement.

After vehemently apologising for the sudden change of the party venue, Patoo led them down a dark path, which he said would lead to their final rendezvous. But the city babes, who had never experienced such darkness in their lives, started screaming "ghaiii! ghaiiii! wuuuui! wuuuuuui!" and "tusaidieni!" as they took flight towards the main road.

Patoo grabbed a knife and stabbed Sylvia in the shoulder before fleeing into the darkness. A good Samaritan who was walking home came to their rescue and took Sylvia and Muthara to the hospital for treatment. She was later transferred to Meru Teaching and Referral Hospital for specialised treatment.

Police based in Maua have since launched a manhunt for the suspect.

Post a Comment

What is your say on this

Previous Post Next Post