Master Travis Fork Jembe saga continues

Master Travis died with a fork jembe stuck in his head. Yesterday, the Kenyatta National Hospital added a new chapter to the Master Travis saga by speculating that the boy might have been a direct cause of a conflict involving his parents.

The mother of the child, Judy Muthoni, claimed that she was asked for Sh20,000 before the baby could undergo surgery. 

The hospital described this as a "high level of dishonesty."

Evanson Kamuri, the CEO of KNH, told the senators during his appearance before the Senate Health Committee how the woman wept after discovering her child had died and claimed her husband had pointed the jembe at her.

Muthoni had first claimed that Baby Travis' older brother had struck him on the head with a fork jembe.

The CEO, however, said that the medical staff who treated the youngster questioned whether or not the injury occurred while the child was playing with other kids.

He urged more inquiries into the occurrence by a separate organization to discover the truth.

"It is a problem that has to be looked into by another organization. The mother began telling us how her husband had murdered her kid after we told her that her son had died," Dr. Kamuri told the committee.

"The mother has to tell the truth about what occurred," he continued.  " Although we regret what occurred, we have also been examining ourselves. Because of how serious the injury was, it could not have been caused by other kids playing nearby."

Dr. Kamuri said that the injuries were too serious to have been caused by a youngster.

"It was a serious wound that could not have been caused by other kids messing about." She has to be transparent about what occurred. "We regret what occurred, but we've also been considering what went wrong," he added.

The head of KNH also said that the hospital had amassed outstanding invoices of Sh7 billion from treated patients who had not made payments.

Even yet, he said, the hospital never prioritizes being paid before saving lives.
The KNH CEO claims that payment is only made when the patient is released or passes away.

"We never ask for money, particularly in emergencies when we are preoccupied with the patients' lives. The majority of my patients refuse to pay, even after receiving therapy. We still owe the hospital Sh7 billion as of right now," according to Dr. Kamuri.

Regarding the circumstances surrounding Baby Travis's death, Dr. Kamuri said that the mother initially brought the child to a drugstore, where she was instructed to seek immediate medical attention from a hospital.

"At 12.30 p.m., the infant was brought to the operating room, where Drs. Boore and Mwili oversaw the surgical team's treatment of the patient. We could establish that the infant had the jembe embedded in his skull for considerably longer than the mother had claimed based on the quantity of pus that had accumulated in the wound, " the committee was informed.

Regarding allegations of carelessness, Dr. Kamuri defended the hospital, saying that the patient could not have been sent right to the operating room since he had bled heavily and needed to be stabilized first.

"We had to first give him blood. Given that the patient was a newborn and we could not offer him excessive blood at once, there was also a danger of cardiac arrest; as a result, the blood transfusion procedure had to be significantly slower. 
Once we were certain about the child's condition, we were able to transport him to the operating room." 

"CCTV cameras are present." "You can look at it and see precisely what transpired starting from the moment the infant came to the hospital," he said.

Jackson Mandago, the head of the health committee, said during a site visit to the hospital that they would independently verify the mother's and KNH's assertions before drawing any conclusions.

In case there are any errors, do let us know. Our proposals will be aided by this, according to Senator Mandago.


Post a Comment

What is your say on this

Previous Post Next Post